Forum for NANL

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jutsu Learning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Jutsu Learning   Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 pm

I think that nearly every Naruto game on BYOND has destroyed the process of learning a jutsu. I think it's because they're willing to sacrifice good, fair, balanced game play for quick level increasing.

In most games, jutsu are just "learned" when a person meets a certain level. I can't think of one time in Naruto where a jutsu was just "learned" by a ninja out of the blue(except some Bloodline jutsu). Yet, all of these games have you learn "Housenka no Jutsu" the very second you get 500 Ninjutsu. Not only is that un-realistic, it's boring. There's no adventure, there's no search, it's just given. And things that are just given aren't appreciated.

So, I think that each jutsu should be learned. You should have to search the land for ninja who are willing to teach you the skills you need to further yourself as a ninja. By doing so, you add side missions for all ninja. it makes game play more fun, and would allow a ninja to "see the world" a bit.

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Jutsu Learning   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:06 pm

i agree, by havign to learn the jutu from differant people, it allows you to be more interactive in the game, and as gohan tries so desperately to achieve, its highly similar to the story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
max9183
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Jutsu Learning   Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:13 am

but if you add learning handseals I will stab you with a rusty spoon haha. Seriously seals are like academy training 101

but make some kind of mini game or challenges you have to do to learn the jutsu not just hi...OMG I CAN BLOW FIRE. since eventually all the npc locations will get out even if you make it bannable to say people will still tell each other then it becomes annoying to new players and the such

but also stupid mini quests like...find my lost cockroach are just as bad there just useless annoying running around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jutsu Learning   Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:49 pm

NO HAND SEALS. I can't stress that enough. Back when I first started pixel art, I worked for a game that wanted to use hand seals. I was against it, but I was outvoted. Having hand seals to activate jutsu lasted one testing session. It's a fan game. People do not want to memorize a series of 15 hand seals for 1 crummy jutsu. It's redundant, and stupid. Not to mention the easiest way to tick off 500 screaming Naruto fans.

PostSubject: Re: Jutsu Learning   

Back to top Go down

Jutsu Learning
Page 1 of 1