Forum for NANL

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Genin/Chuunin Exams

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Genin/Chuunin Exams   Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:00 pm

Okay, I figured that we could all go a bit more-in-depth as to what everyone wants with the Genin and Chuunin exams. Jounin exams are NOTHING like the other two, so they won't be included in this discussion(don't bring them up here either).

Both exams should have two parts: A written test, and a practical exam. The purpose of the written test to to show they have enough knowledge about the series/game. I think that all questions on both exams should have their answers in-game(by talking to NPCs). Also, the exams should not just be one form. There should be a multitude of questions that could be on the test, and no two test should be identical(to prevent memorization).

The practical exam is to show they have the general skills to be a Genin/Chuunin. These should be a bit different for each, so I'll cover those once i get to the exam.

Genin Exam:
Genin exams should take place once daily. The Genin exam is there for Academy Students to prove that they are ready to enter the world of being a professional ninja.

Written Exam:
. The Written test for the Genin exam should consist one part. This part would ask general knowledge questions(such as what clans are known for). There should be 10 questions, and ninja must get 8 right to continue. They will also only have 10 minutes to complete the exam.
Practical Exam:
. The Practical Test should consist of two parts the first part should have ninja be tested on their ability to use basic Genjutsu, Taijutsu, and Ninjutsu. The Second part should have ninja face an NPC, and have to defeat him in a fight. Both parts must be passed with 100% proficiency.

Chuunin Exam:
Chuunin Exams should take place once every week. They must also have at least 4 ninja participating to begin. The Chuunin exam is for ninja to prove that they are advanced in both knowledge and abilities.

Written Exam:
. The Written part should consist of two sections. The first section should be advanced knowledge questions(such as elemental weakness/strength). Ninja will have 20 minutes to answer 25 questions. They must get at least 21 questions right.
. The second part should be about basic combat strategy. In this section, ninja would be given a series of scenarios, and asked what they would do in those situations. Ninja will have 5 minutes to give answers to 5 scenario. They must answer at least 4 right to pass.

Practical Exam:
. The Practical exam should consist of two parts, a Field Training Exercise(FTX), and a one-on-one combat section. In the FTX, Ninja will be required to find two scrolls: one Heaven, and one Earth. They must then bring both scrolls to a central point in the training field. There will only be enough scrolls for half of the ninja taking the exam, so this will have the testing field cut in half(given that everyone passed the written portion). A ninja must come to the central point with BOTH scrolls to continue the exam. This part of the exam will last at most 30 minutes.
. The second portion will be a one-on-one fight in an arena with another ninja taking the exam. Each ninja will only have one battle to prove they are worthy of the rank Chuunin. Even if the ninja wins, he still may not be promoted. Likewise, a ninja is not disqualified if they lose.

So what's everyone think? Yay, Nay, what impoovements(if any) can be made?

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Genin/Chuunin Exams   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:02 pm

i liek it, but i think that the scenario section should be given slightly more time per question in case omeone is a slow reader or ahs difficulty making descions (and so people can think over it momentarily)

overall, its a very nice plan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin/Chuunin Exams   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Yeah, the time is tentative really, I was just throwing out about how long it would take an average person. It'll probably be different, depending on the difficulty of the questions(like you suggested)

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Genin/Chuunin Exams   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:47 pm

ok, but i was reading the post that was out of place (he replied to like 5 forums in 1 post) and he was right, i think that maby every day the genin exam could come 30 minuets later than the day before, so that way if someone gets on later then most ppl (late night, early morning) then they will have a fair chance to take the exam, and there should be a posted schedule in the game or as the login message saying what tiems the exams will be for that week, so peple will be prepared for the exams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Genin/Chuunin Exams   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Hmm, you're right, only not every half hour. Maybe have it every 12 hours, but have it shift 4 hours a day. That way, both sides of the world will get a shot. That, and it would cycle every 4th day. So maybe like this(using EST):

Day 1: 12 PM/12 AM
Day 2: 4 PM/4 AM
Day 3: 8 PM/8 AM
Day 4: Same as day 1

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Genin/Chuunin Exams   Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:32 pm

i lie kthe 4 hr part, but why not spilt it into a 6 part system aka

Day 1: 12 PM
Day 2: 4 PM
Day 3: 8 PM
Day 4: 12 AM
Day 5: 4 AM
Day 6: 8 AM

that way its still only 1 a day, so people cant spam the genin exam over and over till they finally get it ie 2x a day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genin/Chuunin Exams   

Back to top Go down

Genin/Chuunin Exams
Page 1 of 1