Forum for NANL

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Training

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Training   Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:14 pm

I made this thread to show what most Naruto games use to train, as well as to give some newer ideas to make training more fun/exiting.

Training in current Naruto games:
1) Gym like training- This includes punching bags and logs. They're easy...perhaps too easy. Also they're overly prone to AFK and EZ training.
2) Meditation- This is done in a fashion when you press a button....and wait. Not very exiting, and also asking to have AFKers.
3) Mountain Climbing- This makes sense in theory, and anyone who regularly climbs can tell you in real life, it's a complete workout. But many games have it set so you "run" across a mountain. That's not even realistic.
4) Weights- Another method of training that works in real life, but games ruin completely.
5) Missions- This is probably the best way to gain exp, but most games only have one or two missions, which makes it useless.

Suggestions:
1) Meditation- Meditation should be included, only it should be called focus. In focus, you burn an EXTREME amount of chakra. The perk would be that it adds to your max chakra.
2) Leg Weight Training- the idea of strapping weights to your body to increase stamina is a great idea. But there are downsides to doing it. Firstly, you should move slower. Also, you should have your stamina sapped faster, so the heavier the weight, the slower you move, and the faster you lose stamina.
3) Rock Climbing- Another method of training that would be great, if applied right. Firstly, it should be extremely slow(I can get up a 30 ft wall in about 30 seconds, and I'm well trained/fit). Also, it should be exhausting. More so than any other training. The plus side would be that it gives you massive stamina and health, because of it's intensity.
4) Sparring- Sparring would be a mode of arena fighting. The amount of stamina and chakra used would increase, and the user would also gain some of each(and health). When someone loses in a sparring match, they do not die, they just exit the arena.
5) Missions- Ninja having missions is ESSENTIAL to having a good game. Without a wide range of missions, the game could just get boring and fade away.

I also have an idea for a Training Center. In this training center, there would be places to run(a track), climb(artificial wall), spar(arenas), and meditate/study.

-DP

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 pm

I dont agree with sparring, its not DBZ. but maby some sorta pvp friendly fighting? (maby something like murderous intent to kill, friendly intent, and a normal intent(not evil but ie enemy ninja and dosnt require to be targeted intent) toggle? and depending on the intent(could be focused on a certain person or multiple people) it would figure if its friendly it would only be pvp sparring sorta thing?)

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Friendly PvP is Sparring <_<. This is part of my "training center", so let me explain how I imagine it:

A player walks into the entrance, to the left, there's a help desk with a secretary behind it.They're there as an information/help giver, to explain what everything is/does in the training center. They walk farther in, and there's a fork in the hall. If they go to the right, there's a rock wall. To the left is a large running track, and straight forward are the Challenge arenas. One can be challenged at any time(unless on a mission), anywhere(unless they're dead/not logged in). This gives the players a chance to settle arguments or disputes privately, and in a fair environment. It's a one-on-one, no gimmicks fight. Once the fight is over, the players go back to where they were, with no real affects of the battle showing.

With that being said, I think that their arena wins/losses should be tracked, and stored on their Ninja info Card.

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:19 am

I think the Sparring is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Elemental Reaper
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Sparring should be anywhere, and instead of dieing or whater..You just get KOed for an amount of time, depending on how bad you lost. The fights dont have to be 1-on-1..Unless both players agree on it. Suppose your sensai is trying to test you and your teammate in a friendly match...You two would have to team up and try to beat him...This idea could also be used in a tournament idea...Idk if you guys are doing tourneys though, so I'll leave it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wev22592
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:37 pm

I think Reaper said it all right now and i agree with his ideas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:48 pm

The Elemental Reaper wrote:
Sparring should be anywhere, and instead of dieing or whater..You just get KOed for an amount of time, depending on how bad you lost. The fights dont have to be 1-on-1..Unless both players agree on it. Suppose your sensai is trying to test you and your teammate in a friendly match...You two would have to team up and try to beat him...This idea could also be used in a tournament idea...Idk if you guys are doing tourneys though, so I'll leave it out.

The problem with doing sparring outside of an arena is that any other player can interrupt the two engaged in combat. I feel that when you're sparring you should have to focus only on your opponent, and not ever ninja that walks by. I do like the KO idea though. The problem with >1 on 1 is that it over-complicates everything. instead of just having you fight this guy, now you have to pick who you fight, and they have to agree. you also have to pick who is on who's side, and it just gets messy. If you're going to have a multi-player fight, just keep it outside, with the gloves off. I also wanted to have tournaments, which is also why I wanted to have these tournament houses in place.

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 am

I like the idea of sparring and have it like you can fight them but you cant die if your hp goes to 0 you get knocked out instead of death. And you gain hp from getting hurt and chakra from using your current chakra up.

Also for rock climbing running on it does make sense think of tree climbing and the such a mountain would be no different. The reason kakashi was having trouble is he was doing it with 1 hand and no feet.

I think chakra mountain running should be chakra training and have an option you can set to how you actually climb the mountain. 2 hands 2 feet minimal stam drain and you also no tai req. 2 hands no feet. Greater stam drain also need some tai to do this *i doubt someone with like no tai such as gaara could do this* and 1 handed insane stam train ned some good tai but also gives the best results.

Also injurys should be something. Say you try 1 handed mountain climbing but your tai is low and you fall. Should be a hcance you can injure your leg *reduced movement* hurt an arm *reduced jutsu cast time and punching speed* and also this can happen when fighting someone with a lot higher tai then you *small chance though* they heal over time and a medical ninja can heal them quickly. and when you use gates above like 4 this should be a very high chance

But training shouldnt be something extremely monotonous like in BLN where after a while you couldnt stand the training any longer.

for afkers its hard to deal with them the best way is just afk checks and the such theres always a way to afk in a byond game

But I like the idea of having it so things that take thought give the best outcome so someone who afks all the time cant compete with someone who's been doing stuff like missions and killing npcs.

the only thing with npc killing is this spawns higher lv players controlling the npc spawn and lower lvs have no chance to catch up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:38 pm

The mountain running idea sounds great. Players could convert chakra to their feet, and "run" up the mountains, or chose to climb up them(by not converting chakra to their feet).

AFK training can't be eliminated, but can be made obsolete by having training set up to discourage it. And like you said, have non-afk training methods overpower those that are afk. I think that can be achieved by having plenty of missions that give massive exp and stat boosts, which would make them more valuable and worthwhile than training.

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

i agree with what you guys r saying, but i think that perhaps there should be a few afk training metonds ie waterfall medetation (from v1) that do gain your stats, but ata much slower pace than doing the hands on missions and training, so that way if people do start 2 get overworked from the intensive training, they have a way to relax and simply train in a way that they can ocialize and hang out w/ ppl while still gaining stats to an extent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
max9183
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:10 am

but this also leads to people who afk train 24/7 and the sheer amount of hours they put in eventually gets them power
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disturbed Puppy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Gohan shouldn't have any problem making an AFK status checker. But with that AFK checker, it should just knock someone out, rather than boot them. I hate being kicked from a game because I had to tinkle while they did an AFK Check.

Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Training   Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:23 pm

max9183 wrote:
but this also leads to people who afk train 24/7 and the sheer amount of hours they put in eventually gets them power

yes, thats also true, but as dp said, with an afk check that simply kills you intead of booting you, then you would just be sitting in the academy as a free kill to anyone who walks by until u get back on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ExtremeBlitz
Recruit

PostSubject: RE: Meditation Training   Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Is it the same as b4 when you go in the waterfall and med?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training   

Back to top Go down

Training
Page 1 of 1